Tuesday, August 10, 2010

FootNote: Contempt - Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Justa tiny note here-n-there on my previous post. Honesty is something that is a permanent part of who I am as a human being but be that as it may, I'm currently debating on whether or not to delete "Contempt" altogether due to a couple of reasons. First, it has served it's purpose, I vented, I got all the anger outta my system and I consider the issues covered in that piece over and done with for good because there is nothing more I can do about it, that piece truly served its cleansing, self-theraputic process for me. Second, none of us wants anyone else, especially those whom we do not personally know, to see our true dark side because it leaves us totally vulnerable for people to decide their own perceptions and/or evaluations of the individual who is figuratively standing before them naked. This is especially true in my case with being so protective of my own true identity. 

Then there is the flip side to all of this, the basic literary angle of it all. Several people whom I consider honest literary critics have told me that my writing is strongest when I just throw all caution to the wind and jump in with both literary feet first. I have no reason to believe otherwise that said individuals are correct in their assessment of my writing abilities; but, then again - and trust me, I dont like being indecisive anymore than the next person - they're not the ones in my shoes, I am. I think that people will continue to see me as a decent person who has faults like everyone else, as well as someone who is also allowed to get majorly pissed off from time to time, again, just like everyone else. And I guess this is one of the kickers in being HivSpice - I want people to recognize me for my intentions of helping others and being there for people, not as someone who was writing along his merry way and then one day had a major blow-up regarding another person's actions, thus forever branding me as an irrational, sociopathic bastard from the bottom depths of hell, ya know what I mean?

So for now, at this moment in time, I have decided to leave everything to do with "Contempt" as is; but, if I get anymore mixed feelings about it, I will pull the plug on the entire piece. Either way, I hope everyone out there can understand as well as respect how I feel. Thank you for reading.

Posted via email from Luctor Et Emergo

No comments:

Post a Comment