Sunday, September 4, 2011

And Now For An Update From The World of Peanut Butter... - Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yeah, see, this is the kinda stuff you start writing about when you havent hadda cigarette in 8 years, kinda frightening, isnt it? Okay, all silliness aside, yes, I do indeed have an update about peanut butter to share with you, or at least share with those who enjoy it as much as I do. A year or so ago I mentioned more than once in this blog how when it comes to peanut butter, the Kraft Corporation's Canadian division makes THE BEST peanut butter on the entire gawddamn planet! I'm not kidding either. I dont know if its the type of peanuts they use or the actual process of making the product that is so unique, but as much as we Americans are proud of the fact that George Washington Carver invented the product, I gotta admit, the Canadians are the ones who have perfected it! Kraft brand's Canadian division peanut butter literally blows Jif, Skippy and any other brands we have here on the American market right outta the water when it comes to flavor and texture comparisons.

But, with all of this being said, there's been a new development which has taken place in the last several weeks. Planters Peanut Company, one of America's oldest peanut & nut product companies around (if not THE oldest) has finally recreated it's own version of peanut butter (both creamy and crunchy, like all the other brands out there) and I must admit, it's pretty damn good stuff; but, it still doesnt taste as good as Kraft's Canadian peanut butters which is extremely perplexing because guess who makes it? Kraft Corporation, the American division!! No shit! By the way, I didnt even know that the Kraft Corporation owned the Planters Peanut Company or any of its product divisions for that matter. But yet when I read that on the label BEFORE I actually bought the product I said to myself "YES!!! FINALLY!!! We are gonna get some decent peanut butter here in the States like the Canadians have!" 

Well, much to my dismay, nothing could be further from the truth. Dont get me wrong, the Planters Peanut Butter is an excellent product, quite delicious I might add; in fact, forget about Jif, I'm switching to Planter's Peanut Butter from here on out. Yet still, I was sooooo looking forward to tasting something that was identical to that gnarly, kick-ass Canadian peanut-butter but no such luck. Oh well, I'll just have to wait until I go to Canada for my "Dare To Flounce" Tour of 2012; or, when I can afford it, send some moulah over there and ask one of my friends to send me some. In the meantime, the Planters Peanut Butter will have to do cause as I said, it definitely beats Jif (as well as the other American brands I might add) when it comes to flavor and texture.

So, there is the latest scoop (no pun intended!) from the world of peanut butter. Maybe some folks arent as concerned with the product as I am but remember, it's not just because I love peanut butter to begin with, but ever since that horrible bout of diverticulitis which put me in the hospital for almost 2 weeks in July, 2009, I can no longer eat certain foods ever again, peanuts and nuts being at the top of that particular list so I guess due to health reasons, I have automatically turned into a creamy peanut butter connoisseur and I'm okay with that. I hope you are too. Thanks everyone for reading. 

Posted via email from Luctor Et Emergo

No comments:

Post a Comment