Saturday, February 25, 2012

I'm Still Here - Saturday, February 25th, 2012

About 4 or more days ago, my blog account here at Posterous.com was hacked and I must admit, whoever my hacker was, they definitely accomplished what they set out to do - throw me into a tizzy of sorts. Within the last 48 hours, after dealing with the powers that be of posterous.com, I got the entire problem straightened out; however, they informed me that there is no guarantee that it wont happen again. All thats left for me to do now is just keep a steady eye on everything and hope that this doesnt happen again; but, the worst thing about dealing with hackers is that you're contending with someone who is an unseen, unknown force in the internet world. I'm a fighter, always have been, but I guess this is one of those times that all there is left to do is just remain aware and alert of the situation and contact the proper channels on an as-needed basis.

None of us likes to feel like we have no control over any given situation in our lives but the particular scenario of getting hacked in any manner online compounds that feeling of helplessness to an even greater intensity. They say thats one of the many reasons people become hackers, for the sheer power-play high from it all, which I personally think is sick. I mean, if a person wants to create power-play struggles, let them do it to their own lives, not in other peoples lives, including mine.

So in the last month, I've had my Facebook account hacked and now, of all things, this blog account and I personally dont get what the hell anyone would have to gain by attacking me in either medium. I mean, if anyone out there thinks they are gonna stop me from being myself or writing in my blog just because they've hacked me, they have another thing coming. Trust me, it'd take a helluva lot more than that to silence my voice. I guess that's another pseudo-psychotic angle to this entire hacking business - people do it safely and comfortably behind the comfort of their own computer screen because they know for a fact they'd never ever get away with it in person. 

It's also a bit ironic in a way. Anytime something bad like this happens to me online, many of my friends will rally around me and say "Oh, but everyone just loves you Spice" or "But you're so well-loved" to which I am always flattered by but let's call a spade a spade here, if that were true, do you think people would go around hacking me and others? I appreciate the kindness and the moral support of my online friends and my readers too, but let's face it guys-n-gals, regardless of what we think of others, bad things happen to everyone out there whether we wanna accept that fact or not. I'm no different nor any better than anyone else out there.

Awhile back I vowed that if the Spice name ever got into a major scuffle with anyone for whatever reason, that I'd drop my mask and step in as the real me because even though HivSpice is a mere extension of myself, I wont have anyone slinging mud at him just for the sheer hell of it. But, I cant even do that if I wanted to because again, I dont know who it is I'm dealing with. They are invisible, undectable (at the moment) and I'm for the most part, powerless, just sitting in the water drifting, not being able to raise any steam whatsoever. Oh well, at least now I know how the captain of the French liner FLANDRE felt when his ship lost all power on her maiden voyage back in the summer of '52, not that I needed to know how he felt but you get the picture. Oy.

I havent included any images in this piece because I still dont know if it will even post to publish when I am finished with it. The testing piece I did yesterday tells me that everything here at Luctor Et Emergo has returned to normal but I still wont have any way of really knowing that until I click "Publish" at the bottom of this page. 

So before I close this piece, I just wanted to extend a very special Thank You to all my readers, both new and regular, for your patience regarding my not being able to write and publish for the last week or so. I actually did write a piece a coupla nights ago, which took me about 2 and a half hours to write, but when I went to publish it, it was lost, it couldnt get published. It was then that I truly realized there was definitely something not quite right in Denmark. Should this piece post, I do plan to try to re-write the piece that was lost and publish it sometime tomorrow night, Sunday, February 26th but again, only time will tell. And as always, thank you for reading, everyone.

Posted via email from Luctor Et Emergo

No comments:

Post a Comment