Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Note To My Readers - Tuesday, November 29th, 2011

Whenever I have a fairly good-sized lapse of time in-between my pieces, such as 2 weeks or more, I always like to touch base with my readers on what's been going on and although such lapses dont happen often, I felt the need to pen this tiny note. Okay, maybe not tiny, we all know how long-winded I can get at times. Be that as it may, it's not that I havent wanted to write the last coupla weeks it's just that I've just been extremely busy at my job and simply too zonked out at night to write much at all. Granted, I'm still online every night but there's a big difference between bullshitting with ones friends and writing an essay on this-n-that.

So, either before or by the weekend I plan to start writing again, not because I feel I have to but because I want to. I do miss doing my writing and now that things are becoming more even-keeled with my current life schedule, as they say, I look forward to returning to it quite soon.

Naturally, this is all equally influenced by several or more topics that I am just burning - all in a good way mind you - to write about. 

In regards to that, I know there is one that some people might find a bit boring because I've already written on it 3 times this past month - the EDMUND FITZGERALD sinking. As with all of my pieces, if nobody cares to read about that subject anymore, I'll totally understand, but it's one of those pieces I need to write for myself, a piece I'm hoping will FINALLY give me that last dose of emotional/mental closure that I need regarding that tragedy.

World AIDS Day is coming up in 2 more days and though that is a very important date to me, as well as to everyone who is living with Hiv/AIDS, I most likely will not be writing anything for that date because not only have I written several times on that subject but quite frankly, I live with it every day. And, I know there are gonna be a ton of folks - as there are every year at this time - who are gonna be flipping out left-n-right with the Red Ribbon craze and hey, that's totally fine with me, I'm extremely proud of that symbol too; but, for you overboard fanatics out there, I wear that Red Ribbon symbol every single day as HivSpice, so I therefore do not require anyone with borderline psychotic tendencies to jump all over me since I do have the Red Ribbon proudly displayed on my Spice logo as well as my Facebook profile pic - as it has always been and as it always will be, thank you very much.

In closing, I'd like to give a special Thank You to each and every one of my regular readers out there who have been quite patient in waiting for the next written piece to arrive. I know that I'm no Steinbeck or Hemingway, but y'all make me feel just as special as those people with your comments, your private messages and as always, your kind, supportive words. Thank you to all of you and as always, thank you for reading.

Posted via email from Luctor Et Emergo

No comments:

Post a Comment